WESTSIDE NIKKEI RESETTLEMENT STORIES
Date/Time: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
New Center For Psychoanalysis
2014 Sawtelle Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Link to Map
(Parking in back of building – Enter from Beloit Ave.)
This forum will focus on stories about the resettlement of Westside Nikkei in Sawtelle, Venice and Santa Monica after World War II. Boarding houses, hostels, residences in pre, during, and postwar life are major scope of inquiry.
• Arnold Maeda, Moderator, Long Time Westside Resident
• Bobby Ideishi, Barrington/La Grange family days and some later personal experiences
• Phyllis Murakawa, interesting postwar Westside resettlement days
• Victor Naramura, early Sawtelle real estate enterprise by parents
• Phyllis Hayashibara, Venice Japanese American Memorial Monument
• Angie Behrns, Native American parents with Sawtelle nursery
• Harry Nakada, early Sawtelle resident
• And Others…
For more information, please contact us.